Citadel beats College of Charleston 72-63
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Demetrius Nelson scored 17 points to lead Citadel to a 72-63 victory over College of Charleston on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (10-10, 5-4 Southern Conference) shot 46.4 percent from the field (26-for-56), including 53.3 percent from 3-point range (8-for-15). Cameron Wells added 15 points, and Cosmo Morabbi chipped in with 10.
Citadel went on a 12-2 run to end the first half, and went into halftime with a 36-21 lead. The Bulldogs shot 51.7 percent in the first half (15-for-29), while the Cougars shot only 26.9 percent (7-for-26).
Tony White Jr. scored five straight points during a 9-3 run for the Cougars, cutting their deficit to 66-57 with less than four minutes left but would not pull closer.
College of Charleston (15-4, 7-2) was led by Jermaine Johnson, who scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. Andrew Goudelock added 14 points.
- Cram Session: Syracuse is still coasting
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case