Cornell beats Columbia 83-72
ITHACA, N.Y. (AP)—Alex Tyler scored 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Cornell beat Columbia 83-72 in Ivy League play on Saturday.
All five Cornell starters scored in double figures. Dale Louis and Geoff Reeves scored 14 points apiece, while Jeff Foote added 13 points and grabbed a game-high nine boards. Ryan Wittman chipped in 10 points.
The Big Red (12-6, 2-0 Ivy League) shot 49 percent from the floor overall, but just 29.4 percent from 3-point range, and outrebounded the Lions 38-35.
Noruwa Agho led Columbia (5-11, 0-2) with a game-high 24 points. Asenso Ampim was the only other Columbia player in double figures, scoring 10 points.
The Lions shot 41.3 percent from the floor and stayed in the contest by going 8-of-14 for 57.1 percent from beyond the arc.
- Report: NCAA is investigating Kentucky's Eric Bledsoe
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs