Cornell beats Columbia 83-72
ITHACA, N.Y. (AP)—Alex Tyler scored 19 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Cornell beat Columbia 83-72 in Ivy League play on Saturday.
All five Cornell starters scored in double figures. Dale Louis and Geoff Reeves scored 14 points apiece, while Jeff Foote added 13 points and grabbed a game-high nine boards. Ryan Wittman chipped in 10 points.
The Big Red (12-6, 2-0 Ivy League) shot 49 percent from the floor overall, but just 29.4 percent from 3-point range, and outrebounded the Lions 38-35.
Noruwa Agho led Columbia (5-11, 0-2) with a game-high 24 points. Asenso Ampim was the only other Columbia player in double figures, scoring 10 points.
The Lions shot 41.3 percent from the floor and stayed in the contest by going 8-of-14 for 57.1 percent from beyond the arc.
- Cornell beats Columbia 83-72
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel