Coastal Carolina knocks off Winthrop 78-69
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Joseph Harris had 21 points and 10 rebounds for his ninth double-double of the season to lead Coastal Carolina to a 78-69 victory over Winthrop on Saturday.
Harris, who also picked up his 100th career blocked shot, led five Chanticleers (9-11, 3-5 Big South Conference) in double figures.
Coastal Carolina shot 61.9 percent from the field (13 of 21) in the second half to pull away from the Eagles (5-13, 4-5), who came in with two straight wins.
The Chanticleers went from a six-point lead to a 66-50 advantage in a four-minute span, thanks to an 18-8 run capped by Harris’ layup with 6:13 left in the game.
Mario Sisinni scored 15 points, Steven Sexton had 13, and Mario Edwards and Logan Johnson each added 11 points for Coastal Carolina.
Mantoris Robinson had 22 points and 10 rebounds for Winthrop, while Jones finished with 21 points.
- Coastal Carolina knocks off Winthrop 78-69
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four