Coastal Carolina knocks off Winthrop 78-69
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Joseph Harris had 21 points and 10 rebounds for his ninth double-double of the season to lead Coastal Carolina to a 78-69 victory over Winthrop on Saturday.
Harris, who also picked up his 100th career blocked shot, led five Chanticleers (9-11, 3-5 Big South Conference) in double figures.
Coastal Carolina shot 61.9 percent from the field (13 of 21) in the second half to pull away from the Eagles (5-13, 4-5), who came in with two straight wins.
The Chanticleers went from a six-point lead to a 66-50 advantage in a four-minute span, thanks to an 18-8 run capped by Harris’ layup with 6:13 left in the game.
Mario Sisinni scored 15 points, Steven Sexton had 13, and Mario Edwards and Logan Johnson each added 11 points for Coastal Carolina.
Mantoris Robinson had 22 points and 10 rebounds for Winthrop, while Jones finished with 21 points.
- Wake fires one coach without postseason success, set to hire another
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60