Gardner-Webb beats Charleston Southern 86-70
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Grayson Flittner scored 24 points to lead five Gardner-Webb players in double figures in an 86-70 win over Charleston Southern on Saturday night.
Aaron Linn, Auryn MacMillan and Jonathan Moore scored 15 points apiece, while Takayo Siddle added 11 for the Runnin’ Bulldogs (9-10, 5-4 Big South Conference). Joshua Henley grabbed 11 rebounds.
Flittner went 6-for-10 from beyond the arc, while Siddle shot 3 of 5 from the 3-point line. Gardner-Webb totaled 12 3-pointers.
Joel Lamb led the Buccaneers (5-13, 1-7) with 17 points and nine rebounds. Jamarco Warren scored 16 points, Kelvin Martin added 11 and Giedrius Knysas chipped in 10. Warren went 3-for-7 from 3-point range.
Gardner-Webb built an early lead into a 45-30 halftime advantage.
- Ex-Wisconsin AD: Roy Williams is ‘afraid’ to come to Madison
- Where does 2017 North Carolina rank among Roy Williams' best teams at UNC?
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- Dayton hires former Alabama and VCU coach Anthony Grant
- Top 3 NCAA Tourney Gaffes...in Legos
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'