Tip-in gives Ark-Pine Bluff win
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Tavaris Washington’s tip-in with just a second left in the game gave Arkansas-Pine Bluff a 58-56 comeback win over Texas Southern on Saturday night.
With 8 seconds left, DeAndre Hall of Texas Southern hit a layup to tie the game at 56.
But then Terrance Calvin of Arkansas-Pine Bluff took the inbounds pass the length of the court. He missed the potential game-winner, but Washington, who had only four points on the night, tipped the ball in as time ran out.
Calvin and freshman Savalance Townsend led the Golden Lions (5-12, 4-2 SWAC) with 13 points apiece.
Matthew Miller had 21 points for Texas Southern (1-18, 1-5).
The Golden Lions trailed 27-23 at the half then outscored Texas Southern 35-29 in the second half.
- Tip-in gives Ark-Pine Bluff win
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark