Jacksonville beats Stetson 84-61
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Lehmon Colbert scored a career-high 28 points to lead Jacksonville to an 84-61 rout over Stetson on Friday night.
Marcus Allen had 14 points and Ben Smith added 13 for the Dolphins (10-8, 8-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won seventh straight games after opening the season with five consecutive loses. Jacksonville has also won eight of its last nine contests.
The Hatters (8-10, 5-5), who have lost six of their last 10 games, were led by Garfield Blair’s 22 points. He was the only Stetson player in double figures.
Colbert, whose previous high was 24 points against Belmont College last season, made all five of his 3-pointers. He also nailed all five of his free throws and went 9-for-12 from the field in 26 minutes.
Jacksonville, which led most of the game, used first-half runs of 13-2 and 14-2 en route to an 18-point halftime lead—48-30.
- Jacksonville beats Stetson 84-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four