Troy holds on to defeat New Orleans 83-72
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 26 points to lead Troy to an 83-72 victory over New Orleans on Thursday night.
Hazzard hit four 3-pointers for the Trojans (10-10, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference), who have won three consecutive games.
Troy led 44-29 at halftime and extended its advantage to 57-40 before the Privateers (8-11, 3-5) hit three 3-pointers to cut the lead to 62-54 with 11:04 left in the game.
New Orleans cut the lead to five on three occasions in the final 6:21 but couldn’t get closer.
The teams each made nine 3-pointers. The Trojans were 9 of 19 (47.4 percent) and the Privateers were 9 of 24 (37.5 percent).
Michael Vogler added 18 points and Richard Delk scored 16 points for Troy.
T.J. Worley led New Orleans with 21 points. Justin Archie scored 16 points, Kyndall Dykes had 14 points and 11 rebounds and Darrian McKinstry added 10 points.
- Troy holds on to defeat New Orleans 83-72
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown