Womack scores 17 to lift St. Francis, NY
NEW YORK (AP)—Jamaal Womack score 17 points and St. Francis, N.Y., snapped a three-game losing streak with a 65-62 win over Wagner on Thursday night.
Stefan Perunicic added 12 points, all on 3-pointers, for the Terriers (5-13, 3-5 Northeast) and John Gooden scored 11.
Jamal Smith led the visiting Seahawks (10-8, 3-5) with 21 points and Joey Mundweiler scored 15.
Mundweiler’s 3-pointer gave Wagner a 60-58 lead with 3:56 to play, but St. Francis outscored the Seahawks 7-2 the rest of the way.
Justin Newton made two free throws with 1:51 to put the Terriers ahead for good, 61-60.
- Villanova survives scare to beat American
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament