Murray State defeats Eastern Illinois 58-46
MURRAY, Ky. (AP)—Tyler Holloway scored 15 points and Danero Thomas added 14 to lead Murray State to a 58-46 win over Eastern Illinois on Thursday night.
Murray State (9-9, 4-4 Ohio Valley Conference) took a 27-21 lead into halftime, then neither team scored for the first 2:29 of the second half. In the next seven minutes, Tony Easley scored six of his 10 points, and Thomas scored five to give the Racers a 38-28 lead with 10:20 left.
Murray State was 7-for-7 from the free-throw line in the final 1:51 to seal the win and end the Panthers’ winning streak at three games.
Eastern Illinois (8-10, 5-3) shot only 29.1 percent from the field (16 of 55), against the Racers’ 37.3 percent (19 of 51).
The Racers are 18-1 at home against the Panthers.
Tyler Laser led Eastern Illinois with 15 points, 10 in the first half.
- Murray State defeats Eastern Illinois 58-46
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four