Mount St. Mary’s defeats C. Connecticut St. 64-62
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jeremy Goode scored 23 points and Jean Cajou hit a pair of free throws with 16.3 seconds remaining as Mount St. Mary’s defeated Central Connecticut State 64-62 on Thursday night.
It was the fifth consecutive win for the Mountaineers (10-9, 5-3 Northeast Conference), who avenged an overtime loss to the Blue Devils (8-10, 4-4) in December.
Mount St. Mary’s led by as many as 11 points late, and was ahead 62-52 with 4:01 to play. But Central Connecticut State scored eight straight points to pull to 62-60 and put Cajou on the foul line. He hit both free throws to seal the win.
Shemik Thompson had 19 points and five assists to lead Central Connecticut State, which got 10 points and 12 rebounds from Marcus Palmer.
Ken Horton, the leading scorer in the NEC, was held to six points, 12.8 below his average.
- No. 5 Memphis beats Tulane 74-47
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win