N. Colorado 65, Montana St. 55
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP)—Jabril Banks and Devon Beitzel scored 15 points apiece to lead Northern Colorado to a 65-55 win over Montana State on Thursday night.
Northern Colorado (8-12, 4-3 Big Sky) led by only four points with just under twelve minutes to play before a 3-pointer by Beitzel sparked a 13-4 run that put the game out of reach. The Bears, who held MSU to one field goal for nearly 12 minutes in the second half, earned their second straight win in Bozeman. Northern Colorado never trailed in the second half.
Will Bynum led Montana State (9-8, 3-4) with 12 points, while Bobby Howard finished with 11. Divaldo Mbunga had eight points and eight rebounds despite playing only 17 minutes because of foul trouble.
- N. Colorado 65, Montana St. 55
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense