Vermont defeats Hartford 79-65
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—Mike Trimboli had 27 points, including 12 in the final seven minutes as Vermont defeated Hartford, 79-65.
Trimboli also made 15 of 16 free throw attempts, and had five assists for the Catamounts (13-6, 4-2 America East). Colin McIntosh added 10 points, and Marqus Blakely had eight points and nine rebounds.
Michael Turner led the Hawks (6-14, 2-4) with 18 points, and Jaret von Rosenberg had 17. Both had eight rebounds.
Vermont broke a tie with 12:57 left in the first half, and led the rest of the game. Hartford shot just 36.8 percent from the field, but came within four points with 7:33 left to play.
The Catamounts opened the game with a 21-6 run, but Hartford closed the gap to 31-27 by halftime. Vermont opened up a 52-35 lead with 12:30 to play in the second half. A 13-3 Hartford run cut the deficit to 55-51 with 7:30 remaining.
- Vermont defeats Hartford 79-65
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four