Georgia Southern downs Wofford 74-53
STATESBORO, Ga. (AP)—Julian Allen recorded his third double-double of the month with 14 points and 10 rebounds and Georgia Southern defeated Wofford 74-53 on Thursday night.
Georgia Southern (6-10, 4-4 Southern Conference) shot 58.2 percent from the field (32 of 55), its second-highest percentage this season, and held Wofford to 37.7 percent (20 of 53).
The Terriers’ 53 points and 26 rebounds were the lowest allowed by Georgia Southern this season. It was also the fewest points allowed by the Eagles since a 59-44 win over Elon last February.
Wofford (7-8, 3-3) trailed by as many as 11 points in the first half, but cut the margin to 34-32 at halftime. The Terriers drew within 36-35 with 18:19 left, but the Eagles used a 12-0 run to pull away.
Noah Dahlman scored 16 points off the bench for Wofford and Tim Johnson added 13 points and six rebounds.
- William Wesley, Bruce Pearl, and the quote of the offseason
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges