North Texas defeats Fla. International 80-75
MIAMI (AP)—Eric Tramiel scored 22 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for his second straight double-double to lead North Texas to an 80-75 victory over Florida International on Thursday night.
The win was the fourth straight for the Mean Green (12-7, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference), matching its longest winning streak of the season.
Florida International (8-13, 3-5) led 39-33 at halftime and scored the first two points of the second half. The Mean Green tied the game at 51 on a Tramiel dunk and free throw with 11:39 left.
Kedrick Hogans made two straight dunks to give North Texas an insurmountable 68-59 lead with 4:26 remaining.
The Mean Green hit 24 of 33 free throws, including 18 of 23 in the second half.
Kedrick Hogans added 15 for North Texas while Josh White had 12 and Tristan Thompson chipped in 10.
Nikola Gacesa led the Golden Panthers with 20 points.
- South Alabama nips FIU 69-65 in OT
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself