East Tennessee St. tops Campbell 79-60
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Kevin Tiggs scored 21 of his 27 points in the second half to lead East Tennessee State to a 79-60 win over Campbell on Thursday night.
The victory gave the Buccaneers sole possession of first place in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
East Tennessee State (14-5, 8-1) led by as many as 22 points in the first half at 37-15, then let Campbell close to 40-37. The Buccaneers used a 16-4 run to pull ahead 57-41 with 13:40 left.
Tiggs, the Atlantic Sun’s leading scorer (20.8 ppg), made 7 of 9 shots in the second half, 8 of 13 for the game.
Mike Smith added a season-high 22 points—15 in the first half—for the Buccaneers.
William Kossangue led the Camels (7-11, 4-5) with a career-high 18 points, hitting 4 of 6 3-pointers. Junard Hartley added 11 points while Jonathan Rodriguez, averaging 17.6 points per game, was held to three points.
- East Tennessee St. tops Campbell 79-60
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four