Boston U. beats UMBC 80-77 in 2OT
BOSTON (AP)—John Holland snapped a 76-76 tie with 1:37 left in the second overtime and Boston University scored its second multiple-overtime victory in four days Thursday night, 80-77 over undermanned Maryland-Baltimore County.
The Terriers (9-9, 4-2 America East) defeated Stony Brook, 99-97, in four OTs Monday, and are 3-1 in overtime games this season.
UMBC (8-10, 2-4) wiped out a 19-point second-half deficit to force overtime. Holland opened the second OT with a 3-pointer, then added the two big free throws. Matt Wolff hit two foul shots to ice the win.
Corey Lowe led all BU scorers with 26 points, including four 3-pointers that put him in a tie for the school record, 202. Holland and Scott Brittain both had 18. Holland added nine rebounds.
Darryl Proctor scored 25 of his 27 points after halftime for the Retrievers, who dressed only eight players because of injuries.
- Boston U. beats UMBC 80-77 in 2OT
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot