Md.-Eastern Shore defeats NC Central 73-58
DURHAM, N.C. (AP)—Neal Pitt scored 24 points to lead Maryland-Eastern Shore to a 73-58 win over North Carolina Central on Wednesday night.
The Hawks (4-11) snapped a two-game losing streak with the nonconference victory.
The Eagles (2-20) have now lost two in a row after winning two consecutive games for their only victories of the season.
Maryland-Eastern Shore led by as many as 21 points in the first half and 31-18 at halftime.
N.C. Central closed to 59-52 with 4:43 left, but could get no closer.
The Eagles outrebounded Maryland-Eastern Shore 36-35, but committed 20 turnovers to the Hawks’ 12.
Jamie Boyer and Josh Bright scored 14 points apiece for Maryland-Eastern Shore, and Gary Lee had 10.
Bryan Ayala led N.C. Central with 19 points and seven rebounds—all defensive—and Vincent Davis had 17 points and six rebounds.
- Michael Jordan's sons to play together at Central Florida
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges