Tulane survives against Tulsa 76-75
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Daniel Puckett scored 22 points to lead Tulane past Tulsa 76-75 on Wednesday night.
Ben Uzoh’s jumper with 2:46 remaining in the game tied the score at 70, but Robinson Louisme’s jumper regained the lead for the Green Wave (8-10, 2-3 Conference USA) with 2:13 left on the game clock.
Tulsa (12-7, 2-2) had one final chance at the end of the game, trailing 76-73. But Ray Reese’s 3-point attempt with 2 seconds left was off target, and Justin Hurtt’s layup at the buzzer wasn’t enough for Tulsa.
Uzoh led Tulsa with 25 points on 11-of-13 shooting. Jerome Jordan added 14 points and nine rebounds.
Louisme scored 13 points for the Green Wave.
- Tulane survives against Tulsa 76-75
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament