SE Louisiana edges McNeese State 52-49
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Chris Cyprian scored 13 of his 17 points in the second half and Southeastern Louisiana held McNeese State scoreless for more than 10 minutes to win 52-49 on Wednesday night.
The Lions (8-9, 2-2 Southland Conference) rallied from a 10-point deficit for their closest win of the season.
Southeastern Louisiana is 7-0 at home this season and has a 16-game home winning streak dating back to last season.
The Lions were 9-for-26 from the floor in the first half, including 1-for-10 from 3-point range, to trail 29-21 at halftime.
The Cowboys (7-9, 1-2) led 47-41 with 11:09 remaining, then missed 14 straight shots and didn’t score until John Pichon’s follow-up dunk with 52 seconds left.
Diego Kapelan scored 14 points to lead McNeese State. P.J. Alawoya had 14 rebounds and Kleon Penn, ranked third in the nation in blocked shots, had five blocks.
- SE Louisiana edges McNeese State 52-49
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?