Navy defeats Holy Cross 74-68
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP)—Chris Harris and Kaleo Kina sank free throws in the final 20 seconds to lead Navy to a 74-68 win over Holy Cross on Wednesday night.
Harris, who finished with 20 points, made two free throws with 19 seconds left to give Navy a 72-68 lead.
Holy Cross missed a shot, then on the rebound fouled Kina, who was just 2-for-12 from the field. He hit both free throws.
Mark Veazey added a career-high 20 points for the Midshipmen and Adam Teague had 11. Kina scored nine points, 10 below his season average.
Navy (14-3, 3-1 Patriot League) was outrebounded by Holy Cross 49-32, but outscored the Crusaders 23-12 from the foul line and 21-0 at the 3-point line as Holy Cross (8-11, 3-1) was 0-for-11 from beyond the arc.
Andrew Keister had a career-high 27 points and 14 rebounds for Holy Cross, and R.J. Evans had 19 points and a career-high 11 rebounds.
- Navy defeats Holy Cross 74-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four