Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats Lamar 89-71
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored 23 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to an 89-71 victory over Lamar on Wednesday night.
Palmer was 10-of-13 from the free-throw line and made 6-of-11 field goal attempts. Tim Green scored 17 points off the bench for the Islanders (10-9, 4-0 Southland Conference), while Shamar Coombs scored 11 points and Justin Reynolds added 10.
The lead changed four times and was tied four times before the Islanders came out on top.
Kenny Dawkins led the Cardinals (10-7, 1-3) with 17 points, including three 3-pointers. Ashton Hall had 13 and Tristan Worrell added 11. Jay Brown had eight points and 12 rebounds. ^
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats Lamar 89-71
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four