Davidson crushes Furman 83-43
DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP)—Stephen Curry scored 30 points and Davidson remained undefeated in the Southern Conference by beating Furman 83-43 on Wednesday night.
Will Archambault added 13 points for the Wildcats (15-3, 8-0), who led by as many as 49 points.
It was Davidson’s most lopsided victory of the season, surpassing its 35-point win over James Madison in the Wildcats’ second game of the season. It was also the Paladins’ most-lopsided loss this season, worse than a 27-point loss to Chattanooga on Jan. 10.
Curry, the nation’s leading scorer at 29.1 points per game, also had five assists and five steals for Davidson, which held the Paladins (2-14, 0-7) to 32 percent shooting (15 of 47) and forced them into 22 turnovers.
Justin Dehm scored 12 points for Furman, which lost its sixth straight game and 14 of its last 15.
- Davidson crushes Furman 83-43
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook