Pierce leads Buffalo past Kent State 64-53
AMHERST, N.Y. (AP)—Rodney Pierce scored 18 points to help Buffalo beat Kent State 64-53 on Wednesday night.
Pierce went 4-for-5 from 3-point range for the Bulls (11-5, 3-1 Mid-American Conference), who snapped a seven-game losing streak against the Golden Flashes.
Al Fisher had 26 points for Kent State (8-10, 1-3). Julian Sullinger had 11 points and six rebounds.
Buffalo led 28-23 at halftime despite shooting just 37.9 percent.
The Bulls made just 10 of 17 foul shots but shot 43 percent for the game and outrebounded Kent State 39-29.
The Golden Flashes shot 41 percent from the field and 7-for-12 from the line.
- Pierce leads Buffalo past Kent State 64-53
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook