Alabama beats Mississippi 76-73
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP)—Senario Hillman scored Alabama’s final four points to seal a 76-73 win over Mississippi on Wednesday night.
Hillman, who finished with 12 points, hit a jumper to extend the Crimson Tide’s (12-6, 2-2 Southeastern Conference) lead to 74-71 with 1:32 remaining. After David Huertas’ layup pulled the Rebels (10-8, 1-3) back within one point 15 seconds later, both teams went scoreless for the next 1:15.
With 5 seconds remaining, Hillman grabbed a rebound off a missed shot by Ole Miss’ Murphy Holloway and hit his two free throws to seal the Crimson Tide win.
Mikhail Torrance led the Tide with 24 points, Alonzo Gee added 15 and JaMychal Green chipped in 12. Torrance was also 5-for-8 from beyond the arc.
Huertas led the Rebels with 26 points, Terrico White added 14 and Holloway scored 11.
Alabama outscored Ole Miss in the paint 36-26.
- Alabama beats Mississippi 76-73
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four