Toledo beats Central Michigan 75-61
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Jonathan Amos scored 17 points and Tyrone Kent had 16 to lead Toledo to an easy 75-61 win over Central Michigan Tuesday night.
Toledo (4-14, 2-2 Mid-American Conference) led 37-23 at halftime, but Central Michigan (4-12, 1-3) opened the second half with a 13-3 run that brought them to within four of the Rockets.
Amos responded with a jumper, Kent hit a 3-pointer and followed a layup with a free throw, and Justin Anyijong dunked to give Toledo another double-digit lead—50-35 with 13:14 to play. The Chippewas couldn’t get closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Anyijong and Ridley Johnson both added 13 points for Toledo, which outrebounded Central Michigan 41-33 thanks in part to Anyijong’s 17 boards.
Marcus Van and Jordan Bitzer both scored 14 points for the Chippewas.
- Toledo beats Central Michigan 75-61
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy