N. Illinois dominates 72-52 over E. Michigan
DEKALB, Ill. (AP)—Sean Kowal scored a game-high 20 points and Darion Anderson added 16 to lead Northern Illinois to a 72-52 victory over Eastern Michigan Tuesday night.
Two other Huskies (6-10, 2-2 Mid-American Conference) scored in the double digits. Sean Smith had 10 points and Ante Dzepina came off the bench and added another 10 and six rebounds.
Northern Illinois dominated the boards, shooting nearly 63 percent, or 27-of-43 from the field. That was compared with 38 percent, or 19-of-50 for Eastern Michigan (3-15, 1-3).
The Huskies jumped out to a 5-3 lead on a 3-pointer by Mike Dinunno two minutes into the game and never trailed again.
Northern Illinois, which led 35-17 at the half, totaled 42 points in the paint to Eastern Michigan’s 26.
Brandon Bowdry had 16 points and a game-high nine rebounds for the Eagles. Justin Dobbins chipped in 10 points.
- N. Illinois dominates 72-52 over E. Michigan
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel