Miami of Ohio holds off Bowling Green in 67-60 win
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Michael Bramos scored 14 points as Miami of Ohio survived a late Bowling Green rally to win 67-60 Tuesday night.
The win was the 217th for Miami coach Charlie Coles, making him the winningest coach in the school’s history.
Miami (10-6, 3-1 Mid-American Conference) led throughout and went up 52-39 on Antonio Ballard’s jumper with 10:05 remaining. But Bowling Green (8-9, 1-3) responded with 11 straight points—six by Nate Miller, who followed up several minutes later with a 3-pointer that cut Miami’s lead to 58-57 with 3:01 left.
Tyler Dierkers made a layup and a free throw a minute later, Ballard scored on a dunk and Bramos made two free throws with 21 seconds left to give the RedHawks another comfortable lead.
Darryl Clements immediately made a 3-pointer but the Falcons couldn’t score again.
Eric Pollitz scored 13 points and Ballard had 10 for Miami. Miller finished with 17 points and Clements added 13 for Bowling Green.
Coles is now 217-161 in his 13th season coaching the RedHawks.
- Loss to Iowa cripples Northwestern's tourney hopes
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims