S.C.-Upstate edges Lipscomb 57-56
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Bobby Davis scored 14 of South Carolina-Upstate’s final 16 points and Carter Cook hit a jumper with 11 seconds left in a 57-56 victory over Lipscomb on Monday.
A Davis layup with 11:08 left gave the Spartans (3-14, 2-6 Atlantic Sun Conference) a 43-34 lead, but the Bisons used an 11-0 run to pull ahead 45-43.
Trailing 54-49 with 4:49 left, South Carolina-Upstate outscored Lipscomb 8-2 down the stretch. Jimmy Oden missed two free throws for the Bisons (6-11, 2-6) with 23 seconds remaining.
South Carolina-Upstate, which shot only 25.8 percent in the second half (8-for-31), ended a four-game losing streak while extending Lipscomb’s losing skid to five games.
Davis played only 10 minutes of the first half with foul trouble but finished with 19 points. Cook added 12.
Adrian Hodzic led Lipscomb with 17 points and Josh Slater had 15.
- Kansas State upsets No. 3 Missouri 78-68
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Kansas St.-Missouri Preview
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home