Eaton’s 20 paces Wis.-Green Bay
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Reserve guard Brent Eaton scored a career-high 20 points, lifting Wisconsin-Green Bay to a 91-53 victory over Houston Baptist on Monday night.
Green Bay (14-5) has scored at least 75 points in four straight games for the first time in 22 seasons, and Rahmon Fletcher started quickly for the Phoenix.
He scored 11 of his 17 points in the opening 5:15 as Green Bay jumped out to a 19-5 lead and never looked back.
Fletcher hit all eight of his shots from the field, but missed his only free-throw attempt.
The Phoenix led by 20 at halftime and kept the pressure on Houston Baptist (2-17) throughout, allowing several reserves to get extended minutes.
Backup center Pat Nelson finished with a career-high 13 rebounds, while Ryan Tillema scored 15 points and Mike Schachtner added 13 for the Phoenix.
Andrew Puzyk led the Huskies with 14 points. Baron Sauls added 11.
- Eaton's 20 paces Wis.-Green Bay
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina