Grambling State defeats Texas Southern 86-83 OT
HOUSTON (AP)—Andrew Priestley’s two free throws with six seconds remaining put Grambling State past Texas Southern in a 86-83 overtime victory Monday night.
Ariece Perkins scored 20 points, Donald Qualls made 18, nine from 3-pointers, and Priestley contributed 13 points for Grambling (5-12, 3-3 Southwestern Athletic). Jamal Breaux added 10.
The game went into overtime tied 71-71.
Ricky Boyles had a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds for Texas Southern (1-17, 1-4 ). Jacques Jones scored 14, Matthew Miller had 13 and Deandre Hall scored 12 points.
Miller missed a 3-pointer with two seconds on the clock in overtime.
- Grambling State defeats Texas Southern 86-83 OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four