Grambling State defeats Texas Southern 86-83 OT
HOUSTON (AP)—Andrew Priestley’s two free throws with six seconds remaining put Grambling State past Texas Southern in a 86-83 overtime victory Monday night.
Ariece Perkins scored 20 points, Donald Qualls made 18, nine from 3-pointers, and Priestley contributed 13 points for Grambling (5-12, 3-3 Southwestern Athletic). Jamal Breaux added 10.
The game went into overtime tied 71-71.
Ricky Boyles had a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds for Texas Southern (1-17, 1-4 ). Jacques Jones scored 14, Matthew Miller had 13 and Deandre Hall scored 12 points.
Miller missed a 3-pointer with two seconds on the clock in overtime.
- College basketball’s newest celebration fad is the ’3 goggles’
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team