Delaware State tops North Carolina A&T 78-64
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Fred Bouie scored 22 points and Frisco Sandidge added 20 to lead Delaware State past North Carolina A&T 78-64 on Monday night.
The win was the first road victory in 14 tries for the Hornets (4-15, 2-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) this season.
Sandidge, who tied his career high in points for the second time in three games, also had eight rebounds and five blocks.
Delaware State shot 56.3 percent from the field (31 of 55) while the Aggies (7-11, 2-3) shot 36.5 percent (23 of 63).
Also scoring in double figures for the Hornets was Trevor Welcher with 11 points and five assists.
Tavarus Alston paced the Aggies with 17 points. Ed Jones added 14 and Robert Johnson chipped in 12 for North Carolina A&T, which suffered its first loss in six home games this season.
- J'mison Morgan will be eligible immediately at Baylor
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home