Morehead State defeats Concord 81-57
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Kenneth Faried scored 19 points and had 11 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season in Morehead State’s 81-57 win over Concord College on Monday night.
Faried led four Eagles in double figures as Terrance Hill and Leon Buchanan scored 13 each and Maze Stallworth chipped in 12.
The Eagles (10-10) shot 51 percent from the field (26 of 51), while Concord (2-10) shot 29.3 percent (22 of 56).
Morehead State dominated after the Mountain Lions tied the game at 14 on a Matthew Parker 3-pointer with 9:54 to play in the first half.
After three Buchanan free throws, Concord brought the score to within one at 17-16 with 7:27 left in the first half, but Morehead scored nine unanswered points to break the game open 26-16 with 5:54 left in the first half on a Stallworth layup.
Concord was led by Thomas Brown with 18 points and Rafee Smith with 10.
- Morehead State defeats Concord 81-57
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2