Svrdlik leads Fairleigh Dickinson past Monmouth
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Kamil Svrdlik had a season-high 16 points, Sean Baptiste scored 14 and Fairleigh Dickinson beat Monmouth 64-55 on Monday night to win the Garden State Rivalry Series trophy.
Cameron Tyler added 10 points, six assists and six rebounds for the Knights (3-14, 3-4 NEC), who outrebounded the Hawks 34-28. Svrdlik also had eight boards and blocked two shots.
The Knights won the Garden State trophy for the second straight year, which is decided by the outcome of four basketball games between the schools. Fairleigh Dickinson also beat Monmouth 71-67 on Dec. 8, and the women’s team split with the Hawks.
Yaniv Simpson and Travis Taylor had 16 points apiece for Monmouth (5-14, 3-4), which finished 7-for-21 from 3-point range.
- A poor NBA debut doesn't mean Daniel Orton made a bad choice
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers