N.C.-Asheville 57, Coastal Carolina 64
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Anthony Breeze scored 15 points and grabbed 15 rebounds in Coastal Carolina’s 64-57 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Monday.
The Chanticleers (8-11, 1-5 Big South Conference) shot 42.9 percent in the first half (15 of 35) while holding the Bulldogs (8-11, 4-4) to 25.9 percent in the half (7-for-27) to take a 35-21 lead into intermission.
UNC-Asheville committed 16 turnovers, which led to 16 Coastal Carolina points.
Joseph Harris added 14 points and seven rebounds for the Chanticleers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Reid Augst led the Bulldogs with 15 points, followed by Matt Dickey with 12 and Sean Smith with 11.
Coastal Carolina was 39 percent from the field (23 of 59), including 3-for-18 from 3-point range (16.7 percent).
- Revel in the quotability of the injured Marcus Ginyard
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case