Arkansas-Pine Bluff tops Alcorn State 101-77
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Lebaron Weathers scored 23 points and had nine rebounds in Arkanasas-Pine Bluff’s 101-77 win over Alcorn State on Monday night.
The Golden Lions (4-12, 3-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference) shot 59.4 percent from the field (44 of 74) in the win.
Terrance Calvin scored 18 points and Tyree Glass and Tavaris Washington scored 10 each for Arkansas-Pine Bluff, which led 53-40 at halftime.
Troy Jackson paced the Braves (3-16, 1-5) with 23 points. Jarvis Williams added 17 and Anthony Ford chipped in 10 points for Alcorn State.
The Braves shot 42.5 percent from the floor (25 of 31), including shooting 40 percent from the 3-point line (6-for-15).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff tops Alcorn State 101-77
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?