Mercer defeats Stetson 101-98 in OT
MACON, Ga. (AP)—Mark Hall made six consecutive free throws in overtime and Mercer defeated Stetson 101-98 on Sunday.
The Bears (10-8, 4-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) made 10 of 12 from the line in overtime, en route to a 70 percent free-throw effort (21 of 30) for their third consecutive win.
James Florence paced Mercer with 32 points and Calvin Henry had 16 points and 12 rebounds. Daniel Emerson chipped in 15 points and seven rebounds for the Bears, while E.J. Kusnyer scored 12.
The Hatters (8-9, 5-4) were led by Eric Diaz and Garfield Blair with 27 points each. A.J. Smith and Kris Thomas added 20 and 12 points, respectively.
Stetson, which trailed 43-41 in the first half, went 8-for-16 from 3-point range in the second to outscore Mercer 52-40 in the period. The Hatters made 14 of 33 3-pointers in the game, led by Diaz who was 6-for-9.
- Mercer defeats Stetson 101-98 in OT
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four