Illinois State wins 68-56 over Missouri State
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Emmanuel Holloway and Lloyd Phillips each had 15 points and five assists apiece to lead Illinois State in a 68-56 victory over Missouri State Sunday.
The Redbirds had two other players in the double digits. Brandon Sampay came off the bench and added 12 points and 10 rebounds and Champ Oguchi chipped in 11 points for Illinois State (16-2, 5-2 Missouri Valley).
The Bears (8-10, 1-6) reached a 9-5 lead, but the Redbirds responded with a 10-0 run, including six points by Oguchi to take a 15-9 lead at 13:25.
Illinois State led 29-24 at the half.
The Redbirds started the second half with a 9-2 run and held a 38-26 lead until 15:43. With 7:32 remaining, the Bears closed to within seven points 48-41, but didn’t get any closer.
Chris Cooks had a game-high 20 points and five rebounds and Kyle Weems came off the bench and added 12 points and eight rebounds for Missouri State.
- Portland takes a page out of Oregon's marketing playbook
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78