Central Arkansas defeats Texas State 77-72
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Mitch Rueter scored 20 points to lead Central Arkansas to a 77-72 Southland Conference victory over Texas State on Saturday.
Rueter was 2-of-2 in three-pointers. Brooks Taylor scored 19 points and Marcus Pillow added 15. Brian Marks grabbed 10 rebounds.
Central Arkansas (8-8, 1-2) was ahead by nine going into the half with 40-31 on the scoreboard. The Bears outshot the Bobcats in free throws for the second half, making 73.9 percent to Texas State’s 63.6 percent.
The Bobcats (8-8, 1-2) had four players in double digits. John Rybak scored 16 points; Ty Gough and Corey Jefferson each scored 12, and Brandon Bush added 11 points.
- Andre Drummond’s change of heart lifts UConn into title picture
- Edwards withdraws from NBA draft, will play again for Purdue
- Duke-Michigan St, UNC-Indiana headline ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Former NBA player Kerry Kittles joins Princeton staff
- Evan Maxwell transferring from Liberty to Kansas
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal stepping down after 16 years