Radford defeats High Point 65-52
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Kenny Thomas scored 14 points to lead five players in double figures as Radford defeated High Point 65-52 on Saturday night.
Radford (9-9, 6-1 Big South Conference) pulled away late to win its fifth consecutive game and sixth of its past seven. The Highlanders are off to their best conference start since 1999-00.
Radford led 54-49 with 4:04 remaining before going on a 7-2 run, capped by Artsiom Parakhouski’s two free throws, for a 61-51 lead with 2:08 left.
High Point (5-12, 1-6) didn’t hit a field goal in the final 4:04.
Joey Lynch-Flohr scored 13 points, Eric Hall had 11 and Chris McEachin and Parakhouski each had 10 points for Radford.
Nick Barbour and David Singleton scored 12 points each for the Panthers, who have lost three games in a row. Eugene Harris had 10 points.
- Radford defeats High Point 65-52
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0