Gardner-Webb routs Coastal Carolina 77-55
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Grayson Flittner scored 18 of his 22 points on 3-pointers and Gardner-Webb routed Coastal Carolina 77-55 on Saturday night.
The Runnin’ Bulldogs (8-9, 4-3 Big South Conference) knocked down five of their first six 3-point attempts and finished with 11.
C.J. Hailey came off the bench to shoot 7-for-11 while playing 13 minutes. He scored 11 of his 16 points in the second half as Gardner-Webb built a 30-point lead over the Chanticleers (7-11, 1-5).
Aaron Linn set a Gardner-Webb school record with eight steals and also had 12 points, four rebounds and six assists.
Joshua Henley added 18 rebounds for the Runnin’ Bulldogs, who led 34-13 in the first half and 37-25 at the break.
Logan Johnson and Joseph Harris led the Chanticleers, who were scoreless for nearly four minutes, with nine points apiece. Harris also had 11 rebounds.
- Gardner-Webb routs Coastal Carolina 77-55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four