Alabama State tops Alabama A&M 69-57
NORMAL, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Brooks scored 29 points to lead Alabama State to a 69-57 victory over Alabama A&M on Saturday night.
Brooks shot 10-for-12 from the floor, and dished out seven assists. Roland Fitch chipped in with 16 points.
After trailing 53-52 late in the second half, Brooks’ jumper gave the Hornets (8-7, 5-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference) a one-point lead with 3:19 remaining. Alabama State would then close then game with a 17-4 run for the final margin.
Alabama A&M (3-10, 1-4) was paced by Cornelius Hester, who scored 13 points. Jonathan Inman chipped in with 11 points and nine rebounds.
The Hornets shot 55.3 percent from the field (26-for-47), while the Bulldogs only shot 28.3 percent (17-for-60).
- Alabama State tops Alabama A&M 69-57
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2