Wofford holds off The Citadel 66-63
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 17 points and hit two late free throws to help Wofford hold off The Citadel 66-63 on Saturday night.
The Terriers (7-7, 3-2 Southern Conference) led by 16 points in the first half and 35-25 at halftime.
The Bulldogs (8-10, 3-4) moved ahead for the first time at 49-48 with 9:23 left. The lead subsequently changed hands five more times.
With the Terriers ahead 64-60, Daniel Eykyn hit a 3-pointer with 1:48 left to pull The Citadel within a point. Dahlman made the first of two free throws with 1:32 left, then again went 1-for-2 with 10 seconds remaining. Zach Urbanus missed a 3-point attempt to tie.
Junior Salters added 15 points for Wofford, Terry Martin scored 12 and Kevin Giltner had 11.
Demetrius Nelson led The Citadel with 14 points and nine rebounds. Cosmo Morabbi had 12 points and Cameron Nelson added 10.
- Wofford holds off The Citadel 66-63
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four