Wisconsin-Milwaukee edges Cleveland State 77-75
MILWAUKEE (AP)—Wisconsin-Milwaukee got career highs from James Eayrs with 23 points and Anthony Hill with 20, edging Cleveland State 77-75 Saturday.
The Vikings (13-7, 4-4) were led by Norris Cole with 21 points and J’Nathan Bullock with 19.
Hill’s previous scoring high was 17 points against Ball State in November. Eayrs had 22 in a game earlier this month.
Milwaukee (12-6, 7-1) led 37-32 at the half and 73-54 in the second half. Then the Vikings nailed four straight 3-pointers, two by Bullock, to pull within 73-66 with about three minutes left.
Cole scored with 57 seconds left to pull the Vikings within 77-75 but Milwaukee hung on to win.
The Panthers have won nine of their last 11 games.
Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter and his staff were barefoot in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Picture of the year candidate: Dick Vitale and Pope Benedict XVI
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four