Rockets ride 15-0 run to 69-57 win
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Justin Anyijong scored 17 points and Toledo shot 54 percent from the field to beat Eastern Michigan 69-57 on Saturday night, ending a nine-game losing skid.
Anyijong came in averaging 8.1 points a game.
Tyrone Kent added 13 points and Jonathan Amos 12 for the Rockets (3-14, 1-2 Mid-American Conference).
The Rockets led 26-22 at the half and then hit 13 of their 21 shots from the field in the second half (62 percent).
Tyler Jones made a free throw for Eastern (3-14, 1-2) at the 15:25 mark of the second half to cut Toledo’s lead to 33-31, but the Eagles wouldn’t score again for almost 6 1/2 minutes. The Rockets went on a 15-0 run—Anyijong scoring six points—to take command.
The Rockets finished 4 of 6 on 3-pointers, hitting both second-half attempts.
Brandon Bowdry had 14 points and Jones 10 for Eastern.
- John Calipari's Memphis home can be all yours
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers