Rockets ride 15-0 run to 69-57 win
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Justin Anyijong scored 17 points and Toledo shot 54 percent from the field to beat Eastern Michigan 69-57 on Saturday night, ending a nine-game losing skid.
Anyijong came in averaging 8.1 points a game.
Tyrone Kent added 13 points and Jonathan Amos 12 for the Rockets (3-14, 1-2 Mid-American Conference).
The Rockets led 26-22 at the half and then hit 13 of their 21 shots from the field in the second half (62 percent).
Tyler Jones made a free throw for Eastern (3-14, 1-2) at the 15:25 mark of the second half to cut Toledo’s lead to 33-31, but the Eagles wouldn’t score again for almost 6 1/2 minutes. The Rockets went on a 15-0 run—Anyijong scoring six points—to take command.
The Rockets finished 4 of 6 on 3-pointers, hitting both second-half attempts.
Brandon Bowdry had 14 points and Jones 10 for Eastern.
- Rockets ride 15-0 run to 69-57 win
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done