Cent. Connecticut St. 71, St. Francis, Pa. 61
LORETTO, Pa. (AP)—Ken Horton scored 20 points and Central Connecticut made a double-digit halftime lead stand up in a 71-61 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Saturday.
Marcus Palmer scored 15 points, Joe Seymore 14 and Robby Ptacek 13 for Central Connecticut (8-9, 4-3 Northeast Conference), which overcame an early nine-point deficit.
Devin Sweetney led St. Francis, Pa. (4-13, 1-6) with 19 points, and Marquis Ford finished with 13 points. The Red Flash were held scoreless for a span of 7:37 in the loss.
Horton shot 11-for-14 from the line and Central Connecticut shot 53.7 percent (22-for-41) overall. The Blue Devils played without second-leading scorer Shemik Thompson, sidelined with a broken nose.
- Michael Jordan's son quits Illinois basketball team
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team