S. Utah beats South Dakota St. in overtime
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP)—Jake Nielson hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to force overtime, and Davis Baker scored eight points in the extra period to lead Southern Utah to an 85-80 Summit League win over South Dakota State on Saturday night.
Baker scored 22 points for the Thunderbirds (6-12, 4-3 Summit), who shot 67 percent from the field in the second half and 59 percent overall.
Nielson scored 21 points, including 17 in the second half, while Tyler Quinney had 20 points. John Clifford registered his fourth double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Clint Sargent led South Dakota State (8-12, 3-5) with 24 points.
- DeRozan leads USC past Oregon 80-66
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality