Allmond leads Sam Houston past SE Louisiana, 73-62
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Corey Allmond scored a career-high 25 points to lead Sam Houston State past Southeastern Louisiana 73-62 on Saturday night.
The Bearkats (7-8, 1-1 Southland) had two other players in double figures. Drae Murray scored 15 points, and Ashton Mitchell had 13 points and 10 assists. Allmond was 4-of-8 from 3-point range.
Chris Cyprian led the Lions (7-9, 1-2) with 12 points off the bench. Patrick Sullivan had nine points and 10 rebounds.
The Bearkats hit three 3-pointers in less than two minutes for a 9-0 run that gave them a 24-12 lead with 8:47 left in the first half. The Lions pulled within two in the second half but never took the lead.
- Allmond leads Sam Houston past SE Louisiana, 73-62
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot