NC A&T defeats Md.-Eastern Shore 76-61
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Tavarus Alston scored 10 of his 12 points in the second half and North Carolina A&T defeated Maryand-Eastern Shore 76-61 on Saturday.
The Aggies (7-10, 2-2 Mid-Eastern Conference) trailed 38-30 at halftime, before Alston scored six points to spark a 12-2 run, which gave North Carolina A&T a 42-40 lead with 15:57 left.
After the Hawks (3-10, 1-2) closed the deficit to 46-45, the Aggies surged with a 16-4 run to claim a 62-49 lead with 7:52 left.
The Aggies, who shot 33.3 percent in the first half (10 of 30), shot 52.9 percent in the second (18 of 43).
Ed Jones scored 17 points, Nicholas Wilson had 16 and Dwane Joshua chipped in 12 for North Carolina A&T.
The Hawks were led by Neal Pitt with 16 and Keishawn Mayes’ 12 points.
- Tawdry trial gets more embarrassing by the day for Rick Pitino
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Short-handed Boilermakers crush Cleveland State, 77-53
- Bullock has 26 and 10 to lead Providence past UMass 75-69
- Kansas forward Bragg charged with misdemeanor battery
- South Carolina rolls on without leading scorer, rebounder